Thursday, October 18, 2012

A couple of weirdos

 
As I was growing up, I noticed that I seemed to be a bit different from others...
Marched to my own drum perhaps? 
 
Things that were so funny to me, no one else laughed at....
There were always funny things to me.
 
My sense of humor is a bit different, maybe off. 
 
 
As I grew older and I started to date, I noticed that not everyone shared my sense of humor.  My idea of a good time, or a funny joke was not shared with them.
 
And then I found him..........
 
 
 


He gets me.  He always has.  I knew it from the moment I met him, interviewed him.  He laughed at all my dry sense of humer jokes.  As we began to date he listened to me.  He really listened to me.  I knew he was the one for me when my stomach constantly felt like I had the best abdominal workout from laughing so hard with him. 




I know that there is nothing that I could ever do to make him change his mind about loving me.  That is the best part of our relationship.  I know that he will love me no matter how I look, talk, or the mistakes I make.  He doesn't just tell me, he shows me.   



He is always up for an adventure.  He is always up for a party, hanging out, scrabble game competition, or Wii bowling tournament.  We always have a pretty good time.



One of the hardest things that I have ever had to do is live a year apart from this guy.  Although he wasn't with me in person, I never felt alone.  He was there for me everyday.  He made me feel just as loved, and he also made me laugh just as much.


I know that we might be a bit strange.  We tend to be shy in crowds.  We act immature at times.  We still have the "baby of the family" mentality.  But at the end of the day we are in love.  We have come so far in our marriage together.  We have learned how to work hard to accomplish your dreams and take care of your family.  We have learned how to communicate with one other. We have learned how to deal with stress and illness, and balance a budget.  We have learned how to love one another through our short comings...His: not being able to repair things around the house.  Mine: being a back seat driver.  His: not covering food when he puts it in he fridge.  Mine: Leaving my water bottles all over the house.


What I want my children to remember is this:  Love isn't perfect.  It doesn't matter how much money they make, or if they keep a perfect house, or have perfect grades.  All that matters is that you feel like you can be 100% yourself with them, and that they will love you always.  You need to feel nothing but love and support from them.  If you have that you can fix all the other stuff with time.  Sometimes lots of time....But in the eternal perspective those things are not important.





 
And to Andrew:  Thank you for being the best.  At times the worst....but I am grateful for those times when we are less then endearing to one another, because they have helped our marriage to grow.  Thanks for the good times.  Thanks for helping me forget the bad times...
 
Now hurry home from work so I can kick your trash in Scrabble!