I have never felt better in my whole life then this pregnancy! Sounds funny right? Feeling your best when you are pregnant. But I did. From the moment I became pregnant I felt like a whole new person. Pregnancy does something to my disease. It tricks it. It makes my crazy immune system forget about attacking my nerves. It has been the best feeling to just feel good again! No pain, no blurry vision, my arms and hands work great, no fatigue, and the best part, no disease modifying medications! Just me and my little guy for nine months. He is the best medicine ever! Most woman with Multiple Sclerosis go into remission when they are pregnant. I will never take for granted feeling good again. I don't think that I have taken a single moment of this pregnancy for granted. In fact, I am in the best shape of my life! Because I felt good I wanted to be more active. Before I got sick going to the gym was something I "had to do" to stay healthy. Now its and honer to go to the gym! It just feels good to feel good! I feel so strong! I can honestly say that being nine months pregnant I am in the BEST shape of my life. They say to pass basic training in army boot camp you have to do 50 military push-ups and run two miles in under 20 minutes. I can do that now with baby on board! I am so thankful for my sweet little guy for saving me in the nick of time. He came into my life at a time when I had never felt more weak both in body and spirit. He came to me when I longed to just feel like myself again.. He saved me! I will always remember that he did this for me. That he gave me nine amazing months! I will try to remember that when he is in his terrible twos!
This pregnancy has been an amazing journey. Tonight I went for a little run. My last run being pregnant. Tomorrow I will have this little guy. I will get to meet him, see him, hold him and thank him. I couldn't resist at the end of my run to sprint up the big hill at Community Park. I asked Andrew to take pictures at that moment so I can always remember the strength and the way I feel.
Here's to continued health postpartum!
Now lets go have a baby!